Consumers and business customers are continually bombarded with advertising messages. From TV and digital to print advertising and billboards, advertisers are always trying to attract your attention. But, which form of advertising is most effective at attracting a potential customer?In a survey contacted by Relevant Insights and published by PPD (Issue 37, p22), the impact of various forms of advertising was researched. Promotional gifts came out on top as the most effective marketing product for achieving brand recognition and customer action. Everyone loves a freebie and by giving potential customers a tangible product you will gain their attention, improve their brand recognition and they will be more likely to become a customer in the future. Some facts about the effectiveness of promotional products:
- 50% of us would take action after receiving a promotional product
- 94% of respondents said that they remember the advertiser who gave them a promotional item, or the product advertised six months after being given it.
- Over half of respondents said usefulness and like-ability was a key driver and they would go out of their way to pick up a promotional gift if it was useful to them and/or they liked it.
- Promotional merchandise delivers a higher (or equal) ROI than most forms of advertising
- 73% of us found banner ads annoying
- 19% said they react to TV advertising
- 11% said they respond to online adverts
- 10% said they respond to print
- 9% said they respond to direct mail