Smartbags Ltd may update/change this policy as required so please do check this page now and again. This policy is effective from 22nd May 2018.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect some (or all) of the following personal information when you download resources from our website and subscribe to our company newsletter, or when you request a quote:
- Name, company name, job title & work industry
- Contact information including email address and work phone number.
We collect the following data when you place an order:
- Data as listed above
- Delivery/work address
- Business bank payment details or Paypal email address
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION
We require this information from you in order to run our business and provide you with the marketing information and product quotes that you request, including:
- Internal record keeping
- To improve our products and services
- To follow up on quote leads and check your current business needs. If you don't respond within 6 months we will remove your name from our contact list.
- To send free downloads/newsletters that you request & subscribe to via our website. You are free to unsubscribe from these emails at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails.
- You will only be added to the newsletter if you have requested to subscribe via out website. We may use your data to contact you for market research purposes.
- When you order from us we will share any relevant order details such as contact name and address to our suppliers (i.e bag manufacturer and shipping agents). Our associates will not use your data for anything other than completing your order. They will keep your data safely and store it for as long as required for their business records/needs.
We send all new customers a welcoming email to verify their subscription. Out of respect for the privacy of our users we present the option to not receive these types of communications and you can unsubscribe using the link in the emails.
We do our utmost to ensure that your information is secure. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
Bank payment details will be used to request payment from you. Once payment has been made they will be deleted from our office records. They will be stored securely in our HSBC bank account.
Sales and invoice data is stored securely in Promo Software & Xerox
If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email to email@example.com
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you give permission to this, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to view which pages are being visited on our website. This helps us to analyse visitor data about web page traffic and improve our website for visitors. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes using Google Analytics and Adobe Business Catalyst.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites in our blogs, case studies and other content. Once you have used these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over that other website and they have their own privacy & security policy.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
The information we collect from you is essential to run our business and provide our service to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.If you have previously purchased goods or services from us we may provide to you details of similar goods or services, or other goods and services, that you may be interested in.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of our email newsletter
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law or our business operations to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Act (GDPR) 2018. If you would like a copy of the information we hold on you, please email email@example.com or write to Smartbags Ltd, 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS.